Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rhubarb!

I was too busy eating rhubarb all weekend to write this post before now...  Last summer my mother came for a visit and brought fresh rhubarb from my parent's garden.  While she was here we made, hmm, something with rhubarb, I can't really remember now...  But I froze the rest to enjoy during the chilly months when summer dreams are floating in everyone's heads.  I never got around to it.  Now that we're moving, we're cleaning out the freezer, and I decided to make use of that rhubarb, as well as a half recipe of pie crust I had made for Thanksgiving.  I ended up making Strawberry-Rhubarb pie.  YUM!


Isn't it beeeeutiful?! Now, after I thawed the rhubarb, there was a lot of juice in the container.  I drained most of it out so the pie wasn't really runny, but I didn't want to throw it away.  I ended up mixing it with some lemon-lime soda.  Again, YUM!  It was really potent and quite a nice prelude to the pie.


Next up, banana bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment