Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Rust no more, Steel Wool!

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this before now, but I'm posting in the hopes that I'm not the only one.  I love how steel wool cleans stuff that nothing else can clean, and makes my sinks look brand new every time I scrub them.  But, if I don't use it all, I really dislike the big rust spot I get on my sink from the leftover bits.  A rust spot that, funny enough, only steel wool will get off!  So I tried a few different things to make it last longer.  I tried a soap dish.  No good.  I tried cutting off the used part.  This worked, but messes up my scissors and is unnecessary.  What I found worked best was this:  First, and most important, shake out the water.  Get as much water out as you can.  Then simply stand it up and lean it against something, like the side of the faucet or liquid soap bottle.  That's it!  So simple you'd think it wouldn't be so hard to come up with.  I even asked my mother how she kept hers from rusting and she said she didn't.  Anyway, if I'm the only person in the world besides my mother who hadn't thought of this already, then I just exposed my mental capacity to the blog world.  Otherwise, I hope someone finds this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment