Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

baby love, day 2: diaper clutch and burp cloths

More baby gifting today.  My SIL is having a baby any day now, and now that they've received their goodies, I can share them with you all!


I made a diaper clutch from a tutorial I found here.  Nice and quick and simple.  I would have changed a few things about this if I was making it for mysef, but you never know how someone else will use it, so I left it as is.  It pained me to cut up my beautiful Amy Butler fabric for something that will carry diapers, but I'm glad I did, it's so pretty, don't you think? *grin*  The inside is a striped fabric I had leftover from my laptop sleeve I made about a year ago.



Another thing I LOVE about my new sewing machine (sorry, I just canNOT stop talking about how great it is) is how well it handles sewing over uneven materials, like velcro.  The stitching is so even and tight and lovely.


This was probably the biggest splurge I made, for something that's going to wipe spit-up and drippy chins and noses...  hmm...  I couldn't resist though.  Every little girl needs to know about The Princess and the Pea.  I used Rae's tutorial here, and used Heather Ross's Princess and the Pea fabric from her FFA line.  The other side is a super soft knit I had leftover from making baby wipes for my son.


Super quick, super easy, LOVE the result.  And, since I was afraid the knit would pull and result in puckers, I used the walking foot on my sewing machine.  Whoa!  If this hadn't come with my machine, I might not have bought it yet (even though it was on my wish list), and that would be tragic, because it is a wonder-tool!  Everything stayed nice and flat with no stretching or puckering in sight!  I might never go back to a regular foot!  Okay, so I have already, but this foot is amazing!



On deck for tomorrow:  eye mask and clothing tags

No comments:

Post a Comment